Sunday, July 28, 2013

Golf brings me back to Yoga

Today I began my journey into the world of golf.  It began when a friend suggested we take a Groupon offer for lessons with a golf pro to begin this journey into golf.  We are starting this journey together.  We bought clubs, mine used from Play it Again Sports, hers a great deal new at Amazon.com.  I like giving gratitude to those that helped.  Play it Again Sports was awesome.  We knew NOTHING, they helped us understand so much about the tools we needed.  They even suggested items we could wait to explore if we needed them later.  Thanks to the salesman that helped.

Our lesson was so similar to Yoga.  Lloyd at Winding Creek Gold course in Thomasville was awesome.  The teaching was alignment based which my body already is so in tuned to understand and his style spoke to my intuition.  It was so much fun.  The best part was that we both arrived with beginner minds.  We fully expected to know nothing so the best part was starting from blank. I loved that place.

In so many places in my life I need to operate from knowing and in this place I ventured from knowing nothing.  I realize that in reality, every day I know nothing and tap in past experiences to think I know something.  Knowing nothing is so freeing to me.

Thanks to Carol for this new place I would not have traveled to.  You are my teacher today!  Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment